We met up at a local Starbucks (I should figure out how to get them to sponsor this) and had a wide ranging conversation that covered topics like:
- What is OT?
- Motivating patients
- Dealing with unruly patients
- Caring for caregivers
- What happens when a medical provider becomes a patient
Hack of the Week
If you have trouble with using a wash cloth in the shower, try an oven mitt instead. Instead of trying to grip it with the affected had, simple slip your hand into it so you can still bathe with that affected hand.We've got a hard road ahead of us, but we're gonna get there. -- How Emilee approaches patients #stroke #OT #therapy Click To Tweet
Where do we go from here?
- Do you want to hear more interviews like this? Let me know in the comments below.
- If you listen on an iPhone or other Apple device, you can help the show by heading over to the Apple Podcast store and leaving a rating or review for Strokecast.
- Try using an oven mitt if you struggle to hold a wash cloth.
- Don’t get best…get better.